Holy Mass (Divine Liturgy) is the chief activity and service of the parish. It is celebrated on:
- Sundays at 10 a.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8 a.m.
- The First Friday of every month (Votive Mass with Anointing for the Sick)
- Holy Days at 7 p.m. as announced
Every Sunday, after Mass, all parishioners and guests are invited to a full lunch.
Lauds and Vespers are ancient prayer services centered around the Psalms. They are offered regularly on:
- Saturdays: Vespers at 6 p.m.
- Sundays: Lauds at 9:15 a.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: Lauds at 7:30 a.m.
- Mondays and Wednesdays: Vespers at 6 p.m., Rosary at 6:30 p.m.
In addition to the regular schedule, special services are offered during Lent:
- Wednesdays: Vespers at 6 p.m., Rosary at 6:30 p.m., Mass at 7 p.m.
- Fridays: Stations of the Cross & Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament at 7 p.m.
These services are followed by a light meal in the parish hall.
Learning the Orthodox Faith
Numerous opportunities for Scripture study and understanding the Orthodox Faith are also offered at St Michael’s.
- Didache (di-dah-kay) is a lively and informative inter-generational presentation of various biblical, doctrinal and practical aspects of the Faith. All presentations are designed to interest children as well as teens and adults. It meets on Sundays during lunch and is taught by Father John.
- Deacon’s Bible Study on a particular book of the Holy Scriptures is led by Deacon Lazarus every Wednesday evening at 7 p.m. (except during Lent). Currently, the group is studying the epistle to the Romans.
- Father’s Bible Study on a particular book of the Holy Scriptures is led by Fr John every Tuesday morning at 9:30 a.m. Currently, the group is studying the book of Job.
- Exploring Orthodox is an informal discussion of the doctrines of the Orthodox Faith for inquirers (seekers), catechumens and parishioners. No commitment is expected. It meets on Mondays at 7 p.m. It can also be scheduled for other times when there is interest.
- Antiochian Women of St Michael meets on the second Sunday of each month after the lunch. The meetings include a discussion of a biblical topic or book specifically suited to Christian women.
- Book Study meets on the first and third Saturday of each month at 4 p.m. Currently, the group is discussing the book “Unseen Warfare,” which explores the challenges of living the Christian life.
- The Society of St Benedict is a prayer society open to persons of all Christian faiths. In addition to following regular prayers, discussions on meditation and portions of the Rule of St Benedict are also offered, as well as service projects and annual retreats.
Sacraments & Other Services
- The Sacrament of Penance (Private Confession) is available on Saturdays from 5:30 p.m. until 6 p.m. or by appointment.
- The Sacrament of Holy Baptism is offered to those unbaptized persons who desire to become Christian. It includes the Sacrament of Chrismation (Confirmation) and First Communion. Instruction in the Orthodox Faith and regular participation in the life of St Michael’s Church are necessary per-requisites to Baptism.
- Biblical counseling for those intending to marry, or for those in any need, is offered by Fr John. Please call for an appointment.
- Non-Sacramental Anointing following the Mass on the First Friday of every month is offered to any Christian who desires prayers for healing of body, mind, or spirit.
- Regular visitation of the sick and homebound is provided by Father John and Deacon Lazarus.